The term “dark” immediately creates the image of “negative” in the mind, and thus there is a judgment towards it, which closes down any receptivity to want to understand it at a deeper level. Hence I would not have wanted to use this particular term, in this post, to discuss the two “natures” of physical beings, but I am using this term because it’s the most accurate metaphor for one of the “natures”. It’s important that you don’t judge this term “dark nature” in a negative way because I am not using it here in any negative sense.
The nature of dark & light, in physical beings, are like yin & yang, and to consider dark as negative is like considering yin as negative compared to yang. I would like to be clear that I am presently referring to the terms “dark” and “light” with respect to “physical beings” – the non-physical energy always remains pure positive while manifesting in physical forms as dark and light nature, from this perspective “light nature” is not more positive or less positive than “dark nature”, and “dark nature” is not negative, they are just two expressions, in physicality, of the same “positive” energy. “Hating” the dark natured humans, or hating the light natured humans, is the root cause of negativity – it’s the “hate” that’s negative. The natures by themselves are pure, and required for a balance in physical experience.
Dark natured and light natured Humans
Instead of talking about the whole range of physical beings (like animals, birds, insects etc), I would like to stick our species – the humans. There are two types of humans with respect to the “nature” of their mind – humans with dark nature and humans with light nature. A human with dark nature can never become light natured, and a human with light nature can never become dark natured, no matter how hard he/she tries, no matter how strongly one “pretends” – this nature in the mind/body is “hard wired” and cannot be changed after birth. I would like to specify again the way I am using the term “dark” here is totally unique to this post, I’ve used the term “dark” in many other posts under a different context where dark pointed to the negative. In this post, I am using the term “dark nature” to point to one of the two types of natures in physical being and in this context I am not using the term “dark” in any negative sense – it’s just being used to point to one of the natures.
The reason I keep reiterating that I am not using the term “dark nature” in any negative sense is because it’s important to stay open and non-judgmental about this nature, or else there is an immediate tendency in the mind to feel a “hatred” towards the term “dark”, by associating it with “badness” or “evil”. The truth however is that a light natured person can become “evil” when he/she spews anger/hatred towards the dark natured person, and vice versa – the evilness exists in the “hatred” created through judgment, it does not exist in the natures by itself, both these natures are equally pure and positive. The dark natured human has as much capacity for love/joy as a light natured human. As long as you keep this understanding within you, it would be easier for you to follow the perspectives given in this post without coming to misplaced judgments.
Humans with dark nature
Some of the most confused and conflicted humans are usually the ones who were born with a “dark natured” mind. The reason they feel so conflicted is because the society as a whole seems to approve of “light natured” beings more than it approves of dark natured ones. Most dark natured humans are immediately subject to judgment, ridicule, hatred and animosity from the society at large as soon as they try to be themselves – and this the only reason why most rebels, or villains of the society, end up being “dark natured” humans, it’s really not their fault because most are almost driven to rebellion by the constant hatred that’s dished out to them from the society.
The light natured humans are easily accepted in the society, they fit in with ease because of certain characteristics in their nature, one of the main characteristics being that they are very “sociable” (I will discuss the other characteristics below when I talk about humans with light nature). Most dark natured humans are not “sociable” and prefer being introverted, in fact a very strong characteristic present in a dark natured human is to not be too “friendly” with everyone – you can imagine how the society can immediately judge and spew hatred towards a dark natured person because of this characteristic present in him/her.
A light natured human might say that being “friendly” is a positive thing while being “distant”/unfriendly is a negative thing, but that’s just a perspective of their mind – from a simple absolute perspective both these are just “traits” or natures, to consider one as more positive than the other is purely a judgment in the human mind. It’s like saying that everyone “should” be extroverted and social, that people who are introverted are “negative” – if you hold such a perspective it would just indicate that you would need to broaden your mindset and understand that inherent natures cannot be changed – it’s not anyone’s fault that they have an inherent nature that does not allow them to be extroverted.
Just so you are more clear about what the “dark natured” humans are like, I would like to give some generic characteristics that are present in most dark natured humans.
– They prefer keeping to themselves a lot more than being “out there” in the society. One main reason being that their very nature is to be self-centered rather than being society-centered. (Again, if you judge this trait as being negative, it’s purely a narrow judgment in your mind)
– They are naturally “dominant” and prefer the company of people who are allowing of their dominance. A lot of what we call “alpha male” characteristics are present in males with dark nature. Females with dark nature are dominant, may even come across as being “cold”, and not typically social or friendly in their nature. (they don’t do any of this our of “hatred”, but purely out of their nature)
– They are less prone to having a “smiling” exterior, may not come across as being “warm”, are less likely to give you “hug” when you meet them and prefer to keep an aloof exterior.
– Most dark natured males attract light natured females, while most dark nature females attract light natured males. This is purely out of their “physical nature’s” desire to compliment itself in its opposite – this allows for an external harmony in their life. It’s very difficult for two dark natured humans to have a harmonious relationship together (in their unawakened state); sooner or later they are bound to “repel” each other. However, two light natured humans can easily establish a harmonious relationship together.
– Dark natured humans are naturally prone to be create a reality where they can have a dominant leadership – be it in their relationship, career or social circle.
– Dark natured humans are quite prone to expressing their opinion in a more aggressive/blunt manner which comes off as being mean or rude in some cases. There are a lot of dark natured humans who spend a life time feeling guilty about their “directness” because they are constantly judged and reprimanded for it by others, and thus made to feel bad about themselves. (the truth is that it’s not possible for a dark natured human to ever become a mellow person, no matter how hard he/she tries – but in most cases there is really no venom in their directness, it’s just their way of expressing themselves).
– They have as much capacity towards love, and joy, as their light natured counterparts. A lot of dark natured males/females are extremely loving/protective towards their families and friends (they are mostly focused on their inner circle). As individuals they are as prone towards enjoying the pleasure of physical living just as the light natured humans in every sense.
– Dark natured humans usually avoid reaching out for help from the outside and usually keep their problems to themselves. They are more emotionally “closed” than light natured beings, who usually talk out their emotions.
You might start to get a sense of what a dark natured human is like based on the pointers above. As you can see, it’s a “trait” or nature, it’s not negative but it can be perceived as negative by many light natured humans. It’s so common for light natured humans to make dark natured humans feel guilt, or shame, for their attitude, and thus make them feel that there is something wrong within them, where in truth it’s just a clash of natures.
If you are a dark natured human being, you might have been trying to “disconnect” with your nature all these years under the influence of some “judgments” given by people outside you (mostly the light natured ones). Hopefully, the pointers in this post would help you re-connect with yourself and thus cause you to let go of a lot of conflicts/hang-ups within you.
Humans with light nature
The advantage light natured humans have, over the dark natured ones, is that they are highly social and hence “accepted” as easily in the society. Light natured humans don’t have as hard a time as dark natured humans in a bid to fit into the society. They are friendly, smiling, extroverted and social, thus creating a “perception” in the mind that they are more “positive” than the dark natured humans – but that’s not the case at all, because there are can be as much “negativity” (mostly fear/lack based thinking) in the minds of light natured humans as the dark natured humans. The only advantage is that since they are socially more accepted it’s easy for them to have a “positive self image” within them and thus attract a more positive reality. Whereas the dark natured humans end up carrying a “negative self image” about themselves, owning to external judgments which they take “internally”, thus attracting a negative reality owing to this mis-alignment.
Some of the characterstics of light natured humans are as below
– They love working in groups and are naturally inclined towards jobs that involve team work.
– They are usually very “huggy” people who love giving and receiving hugs, and have a smiling exterior.
– Light natured humans are extroverted in nature and love the aspect of communicating with other people. Most of them are highly talkative.
– By their nature, they prefer “sugar coating” their words instead of being blunt, or in the face. They usually come across as being more compassionate, but the dark natured humans are just as capable of compassion, it’s just that they have a more “reserved” way of expressing it.
– They usually take up a lot of social causes and are more “community oriented” than dark natured people.
In one sense the energy of light natured people is more focused on the outside while the energy of dark nature people is more focused in their inner-circle.
Aligning with your nature and accepting the opposite nature
Both, dark natured and light natured physical beings are essential to maintain a balance in physicality. It’s true that along the history, it’s mostly been the dark natured humans who ended up instigating violence – it’s mostly because a dark natured mind can easily get pulled into hatred or anger. In the absence of a “conscious wisdom”, it’s very likely that a dark natured mind to gets pulled into hatred, whereas a light natured mind usually gets pulled into lack based thinking and can develop “victim mindsets”.
Negativity of all forms arise out of a lack of consciousness, be it in a dark natured human or light natured human. In the presence of consciousness, a light natured person is able to bring a wisdom to their “service oriented” compassion. And in the presence of consciousness, a dark nature human stays in alignment with his/her positive expression rather than be sucked into self-hatred or other forms of hate-based thinking. Most importantly a dark natured human needs to understand that they don’t have to “change” themselves to fit in, they just need to align with themselves, which will cause the attraction of a congruent reality, and thus allow their natural expression to flower through.